Dog Named Angel Saves Family From House Fire in Florida

March 21, 2019

A Florida family whose home caught on fire on Wednesday were safely able to evacuate, thanks to the neighbor's dog--aptly named Angel. Amber Walker tells WKMG-TV that she couldn't sleep at roughly 12:30 a.m. because Angel was so agitated. The dog drew her attention to the window and she saw flames coming from the neighbor's garage. "Me and my little brother bolted out of the house and ran to the neighbor's house and banged on their door so we can get the kids out, so they can be safe," Walker says. Her and Angel's quick thinking prevented anyone from being injured in the blaze. The home has, however, suffered severe damage.