Cat Saves Florida Couple from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

March 8, 2019

Meet Bella, a cat who recently saved her family in Deltona, Florida, from carbon monoxide poisoning. Paul and Leona Jones tell WLKY that they were in such a hurry to get out of a rainstorm last week that they forgot to turn off their car after pulling into their garage. They had no idea that deadly gas was filling their home that night until Bella started crying. "If she hadn’t cried and woken [Paul> up, we would have never known and we would have slept through it and never woken up," Leona says. Both Paul and Leona were weak from inhaling carbon monoxide when they woke up to the cat's cries. They went to the hospital due to muscle weakness and confusion, but are otherwise okay. Bella's owners have also placed a sign in their garage to remind them to always turn the car off.